BlinkerSign® Pedestrian Crosswalk Systems provide drivers real-time, high-visibility LED warning when pedestrians are in or about to enter an approaching crosswalk. With a variety of activation options, this proven, MUTCD-compliant crosswalk safety enhancement protects vulnerable road users at dangerous crossings.
An effective alternative to Rectangular Rapid Flashing Beacons, the unique BlinkerSign® Pedestrian Crosswalk System design allows for user selection of BlinkerSign® size and type, power supply, flash activation and cabinet mounting options, all tailored to increase crosswalk safety for a variety of applications.
- Installs quickly onto new or existing sign posts
- Top-of-pole and side-of-pole control cabinet mounting options
- XAV2-LED push button activation provides voice message confirmation
- High intensity Day-Viz® LEDs command driver attention day and night
- BlinkerBeam® wireless communication simultaneously activates all systems
- School zone crossings
- Mid-block crossings
- Multilane uncontrolled crossings
- High-speed pedestrian crossings
BlinkerSign® Pedestrian Crosswalk Product Guide
Need to start laying out your crosswalk enhancement projects? Download the BlinkerSign® Pedestrian Crosswalk System Product Guide to determine what system configuration best fits your needs.
Download Product Guide
Top-of-pole self-contained control cabinet houses power supply for easy installation and clean appearance.
Side-of-pole control cabinet for easy access and flexible system configuration.
Connected Vehicle Interface
Integrate Your Intelligent Warning Systems with Smart City Infrastructure
The Connected Vehicle Interface upgrades new and existing AC and solar-powered TAPCO Intelligent Warning Systems to integrate with connected vehicle ready infrastructure.
Learn more »
Remotely Monitor and Manage Intelligent Warning Systems
Enhance this system with the use of BlinkLink® Powered by TAPCO. Easy-to-use, cloud-based application cities utilize to manage, schedule, control and monitor system-wide time clocks and other intelligent warning systems.
Learn more »
BlinkerBeam® Wireless Radios
Wirelessly Activate and Sync TAPCO Warning Alerts
Upon system activation, the BlinkerBeam® transmitter radio sends wireless signals to BlinkerBeam® receiver radios, triggering each associated alert device to activate.
- Range of up to 900 feet; can be extended with optional antenna
- Utilizes 900 MHz frequency hopping spread spectrum
- Easy-to-read, backlit LCD display with intuitive joystick control for in-field interface navigation
- Three selectable power levels up to 1 watt to increase signal distance
- Menu-driven diagnostics for quick-set up and configuration
Download the data sheet »
This is the always on option providing 24/7 flashing of your system.
- Activated with Less Than 2 lbs Force
- Provides Two-Tone Audible Confirmation as Well as Visual Confirmation
- Cannot Be Jammed or Stuck in "On" Position
- Wind, Hail and Vibrations Have No Effect
- Superior Grade Pre-Treatment and Powder Coat
- Stainless Steel Button Cap
- Meets ADA, MUTCD and TAC Requirements
- Transient Protection that Meets and Exceeds NEMA Specifications
- Install Virtually Anywhere, Utilizing Wireless Control If Needed
- Designed to Interface with ITS Devices
- Dependable, Precise Control with Minimal Maintenance
- Battery Operated: No Grid Wiring Required
- No Trenching or Concrete Cutting Required
- Windows-Based Program Running from a Laptop or PC (Software and Cable Sold Separately)
- Simple Solution for Single BlinkerSign® Management
- Based on the Calendar Year with the Ability to Program in Holidays and Daylight Savings Time
- Choose from 8 Different Day Types and 16 Events Per Day
- Ideal for School, Business and Industrial Facility Work Schedules
Active infrared and microwave technologies work together to provide precise presence and accurate vehicle and pedestrian motion detection.
- Mountable Between 8' and 16'
- Impervious to Light, Sun, Rain and Snow
- Housing is Rated NEMA-4
- Overhead mount
- Can be used to detect pedestrians
Online we sell our most popular standard BlinkerSign™ models that are 24/7 operation. If you need any of our custom activations options, request a quote online or call 1-800-236-0112.