The CrashGard® Sand Barrel System is a non-redirective, gating sand barrel or crash cushion. The system consists of 3 MASH-compliant components: barrel, lid and insert.
CrashGard® protects drivers from fixed objects like concrete barriers, bridge abutments and lighting fixtures.
Features and Benefits:
- One CrashGard® Sand Barrel accommodates all weight requirements (200, 400, 700, 1400 and 2100 pounds)
- Install Insert for 200, 400, 700 and 1,400 lbs. No Insert required for 2,100 lbs
- Blow-molded from high-molecular, high-density polyethylene plastic (HLMI/HDPE) for maximum strength
- UV stabilizers maximize product life
- Color-stable pigments resist fading
- Designed for easy transport: squared bottom accepts forklifts, tiered top accepts CrashGard® Hoist
- Barrels nest easily for convenient storage
Read more about WYDOT's success using the CrashGard® sand barrel system along the Teton Pass.