The FAST-18T trailer helps keep roadways safe, especially where posted speed limits exceed 45mph. With 18” characters, speeding drivers will be able to read the sign with ease. This trailer stands at over eight feet tall, making it the movable option for highway and county roadway systems. Even with its size, the FAST-18T is still easy to move, allowing for multiple location uses.
Standard features include high & low-speed blanking, flashing digit violator alert, and traffic management arrows. Optional features on our speed signs include our violator alert system (a flashing strip of red and blue LED’s and/or the distinct “SLOW DOWN” message in red LED’s) when approaching vehicles do not slow to the selected speed. Also available is our Adaptive Data Acquisition Package, which records the time, date, and speed of oncoming vehicles without the use of cumbersome pneumatic tubes placed across the street!
Learn how the FAST-18T achieved a 54% reduction of instances of reckless driving in a four-week study by downloading the case study here.
Chassis & Suspension:
- 2″ round tubular steel Space-Frame chassis
- Polyester powder coat finish over high zinc epoxy primer
- Stabilizer jacks with a 750 lb capacity each. Capable of raising the trailer up to 8″ from normal height
- 5.0 x 13ST tires on 5 lug automotive type hubs
- 2″ Class II ball coupler
- Full 7″ wide, 14 gauge steel fenders
- 2000 lb rated axle
- Leaf spring suspension
- Taper roller bearings
- Curb Weight: 580 lbs
- Single directional K-band radar unit
- 18” Amber LED Full Matrix display characters
- 1/8" clear polycarbonate lens with non-glare textured finish
- Automatic intensity adjustment to ambient light conditions
- Fold-down display with gas shock-assist for easy deployment
- Keyed On/Off switch
- 160W Solar Panel
- Violator alerts
- Red LED “SLOW DOWN”
- Red-Blue Flashing Bars
- White flashing strobe
- Group 27 AGM battery (4x100Ah)
- Single-cycle 24 hr. ON/OFF clock
- Flashing Digit Violator Alert
- Directional Traffic Arrow Patterns
- Minimum Display Speed /High-Speed Cut-off
- Unit defaults to last settings upon power-up
- Traffic Count™ Data Package
Technical specifications are subject to change without notice.