Horizon Portable Traffic Signals have been engineered to be component based systems. Add-On components are available to enable designers and engineers to meet their specific project requirements.
The Pilot Car / Flagger Module allows a pilot car driver or flagger to operate a Horizon Signal System remotely using a handheld transmitter. The use of Horizon Signal Systems equipped with our Pilot Car / Flagger Module increases safety for both the worker and the motorist.
Pilot Car Operation
- The Pilot Car / Flagger Module can be used in conjunction with any Horizon Signal System
- Three selectable green time options are available and can be selected by the pilot car operator via wireless remote
- The wireless remote allows the pilot car operator to select green time in 15 second increments based on traffic volume
- When operating the Pilot Car / Flagger Module in Flagger mode, each signal is controlled by a flagger via wireless remote
- The flagger module provides the operator with the ability to choose between the green or red mode and facilitates signal mode changes including yellow time
- The Horizon operating system will not allow the flagger/operator to override the pre-programmed all red clearance time