TAPCO restricts the sale of this item to Wisconsin customers only.
Used for intersection control, the unit interfaces with a traffic-control cabinet, and outputs signals when vehicles are present in user-defined zones. Zones are created using an X-Y coordinate system, and operation is verified and optimized using a laptop with Internet Explorer 6.0 (or greater) as part of the installation process.
Allows users to create up to 8 detection zones and assign vehicle presence in these zones to up to 4 outputs to the control cabinet (e.g. left turn, straight through, right turn). Detection zones can be created to a maximum distance of 425 feet from the sensor itself and will track the presence of a vehicle in a detection zone for a predetermined time. For each sensor, one TCIB Interface Board (459-00004, see below) is required in order to communicate with the control cabinet.
- Detection not affected by weather Immune to sunrise/sunset or post-rain glare
- Not susceptible to in-road breakage
- Multiple lanes covered by a single unit
- Advance/stop bar detection in a single unit
- Easily installs to corner pole
- Successfully detects bicycles/motorcycles
- Significant cost savings compared to camera mounting requirements or multiple loops
- No privacy concerns
- Classifies bicycles as they approach a red light, allowing users to establish bicycle-only detection zones
- Graphically track vehicles as they approach the intersection
- Easily set up detection zones to provide programmable inputs to a control cabinet
- Verify that the system is functioning correctly and troubleshoot