In-road lights alert motorists to the presence of a pedestrian crossing or preparing to cross the street. The amber lights are embedded in the pavement on both sides of the crosswalk and oriented to face oncoming traffic. TAPCO LaneLight in-road warning lights produce a bright, daytime-visible light focused directly in the driver's line of sight clearly indicating the curve, hazard, crosswalk, variable lane, or lane edge. This requires no interpretation by the driver resulting in increased visibility.
When the pedestrian activates the system, either by using a push-button or through detection from an automated device, the lights begin to flash in unison, warning the motorist that a pedestrian is in the vicinity of the crosswalk ahead. The flashing LEDs shut off after a set period of time, i.e., the time required for a pedestrian to safely cross the street.
Industry Leading 3 Million Candela/m² LED Output for Full Daytime Visibility
Features & Advantages
- Industry Leading Ultra-Bright 3 Million Candela/m² LED Output for Full Daytime Visibility
- Flat Profile in Road, Bike-Safe
- Maintenance-Free Design
- Automatic Night Dimming
- Standard or Enhanced Flash
- Variety of Activation Devices and Methods
- Environmentally Friendly
- Low Power Consumption
- Solar-Power Option
- Ideal for Mid-Block Locations
- MUTCD Compliant
- 5 Year Warranty
- Install Virtually Anywhere, Utilizing Wireless Control If Needed
- Designed to Interface with ITS Devices
- Dependable, Precise Control with Minimal Maintenance
- Battery Operated: No Grid Wiring Required
- No Trenching or Concrete Cutting Required
- Activated with Less Than 2 lbs Force
- Provides Two-Tone Audible Confirmation as Well as Visual Confirmation
- Cannot Be Jammed or Stuck in "On" Position
- Wind, Hail and Vibrations Have No Effect
- Superior Grade Pre-Treatment and Powder Coat
- Stainless Steel Button Cap
- Meets ADA, MUTCD and TAC Requirements
- Transient Protection that Meets and Exceeds NEMA Specifications
Active infrared and microwave technologies work together to provide precise presence and accurate vehicle and pedestrian motion detection.
- Mountable Between 8' and 16'
- Impervious to Light, Sun, Rain and Snow
- Housing is Rated NEMA-4
RRFB and in lane light warning system on crosswalk.