MeltSmart™ LED Traffic Signal ModuleMeltSmartTM LED traffic signal modules melt snow and ice making traffic signals visible in hazardous weather conditions.
- 12" in diameter
- Up to 120V
- Multiple photoelectric and thermal sensors are embedded in the module.
- With minimal electricity (0.1W), the sensors detect the snow attached to the surface of the lenses and automatically set the heating element in motion.
- Then, by constantly analyzing the condition of the surroundings, the sensors control the power of the heating element (20W ~ 60W) so that only needed amount of power is used to melt the snow. → high energy efficiency maintained
- To avoid any false operation, CdS (Cadmium Sulfide) sensor is installed to adjust the sensitivity of sensors during day/night.
Patented Heating Element
- Nichrome heating wire is securely embedded in the polycarbonate lenses of the lamps.
- Receiving the signals from the smart sensors, the heating element increases and adjusts the surface temperature of the lenses until the snow completely melts away.
- With patented technology, the heating element does not cause any deformation or discoloration of the lens and guarantees the same level of brightness over the time.
MeltSmart™, the Smart Choice
Proven Technology Ready to Apply
- ITE, CSA and UL Approved options available
- Compatible with existing traffic signals and controllers → Retrofit possible
- Extensive field experience
– Actual installations in live intersections of more than 2000 sets
– No deficiencies, errors or issues reported over 7+ years
Effective and Safe Solution
- Due to strong and immediate melting power, MeltSmartTM is clearly visible all the time.
- With patented temperature control feature, deformation or discoloration of lens is prevented.
- MeltSmartTM contributes to avoid traffic accidents and possible loss of life.
Efficient and Cost Saving
- Smart, Error-proof configuration → With the dual action of photo and thermal sensors, the MeltSmartTM works only when it is needed. This guarantees economic usage of electricity.
- By avoiding possible traffic disturbance and accidents caused by invisible traffic signals in the snow, huge cost is saved.
- With MeltSmartTM LED traffic signals, there is less need to send out crews for emergency snow removal which contributes to potential liability savings. Also, this allows maintenance staff to focus on other projects and lowers the cost to state and local government.