Conventional Coin Parking Meter
Base model accepts coins only, with large 1"x3" LCD rear enforcement signal, with or without blinking LEDs for night enforcement. Mechanism fits competitor housings. Low-power, only draws average 120µA to maximize battery life and can be powered by four 6VAA batteries or one 9V lithium.
NEW STANDARD FEATURES: Plug-in, replaceable displays, and jam-resistant (toothless, no moving parts) coin chute.
- High-visibility rotary display (shown right), visible up to 80 feet away for easier drive-by enforcement.
- Smartcard reader (slot shown right) accepts prepaid electronic purse smart cards. As a no-charge option, the meter can refund leftover time back onto the card and go to 00:00 for the next motorist.
- Backlight for digital display improves visibility in low-light conditions.
- Free-time button, press for free time if the meter is at 00:00. For additional time, payment must be inserted.
- SmartLock (mechanism integrated with housing; coin collection requires use of authorized smart card or handheld.)
Options for Every Environment and Budget
Base model, all-zinc housing features 4-corner locking dome that can be removed and hung on the side of the housing during on-street repairs. Genuine Lexan® dome window is UV stabilized to prevent yellowing, features flat-face to reduce glare on digital display. Expanded capacity vault features rear-loaded lock, tapered base, and patented Gripper wedges to discourage break-in or forced removal from the post. Gray powder paint finish withstands ASTM B117 1000-hour salt-spray test.
- Iron Tamperproof vault has rectangular door that "falls" open when unlocked, which reduces key wear. Door can be easily removed without tools when open, facilitating quick repair or replacement. Expanded capacity, coin box holds $65 in US quarters.
- Iron Magnum vault has similar door style as Tamperproof, but coin box holds $118 in US quarters. Recommended for high-rate areas and multi-space APM meters.
- Iron 95 style vault has round door, integrates with existing competitor systems. Expanded capacity, coin box holds $65 in US quarters.
- Iron upper housing for maximum protection to inner mechanism from vandals.
- (All housing options offer a variety of high security and changeable locks, and all single housings can be fitted with the POM SmartLock system.)
- A mini-vault post attachment is available for cashless meters.